Monday, August 26, 2013

Book List!

     Hello again! How have you been? All is well I hope. I've been thinking about what my next topic should be about when it suddenly hit me a few days ago. I was budgeting out this week's paycheck when I remembered about Khaled Hosseini's newest book, And the Mountains Echoed. I was so stoked about it's release and I wanted to buy it so bad, but at the time I lacked the finances to get it.
     Then my mind wandered on the book topic and I thought of all of the other books I need to read and purchase. It's a rather extensive list of at least ninety or so, excluding the nine or ten spin offs/re-tellings of Pride and Prejudice that are on a list of their own. Needless to say, I'll be buying and reading a plethora of books before I'm done adding the ever growing amount of books to my list. A mind of logic would tell me to borrow them from the library, but that would be too easy and it wouldn't be nearly as satisfying. I have a dream, yes a dream, of owning multiple bookshelves packed with books to read and re-read whenever I want from the comfort of my home. As you can see, borrowing the books would severely hinder making this dream a reality of mine. Yes, it's weird and out of the norm nowadays, but I love books so judge me however you wish; I could care less.
     Some of the books that I need to get, aside from Hosseini's new book, are:
  • The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
  • Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  • Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
  • Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell (I'm looking forward to this one)
  • The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini (I've read this one, but I would love to add it to my collection)
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell
  • Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding (Pride and Prejudice parody/re-telling, but I kept it on this list)
  • Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl (I have no shame)
    I also have the last three books to a series to purchase as well, which will probably be bought before these, but that's fine. As long as my hypothetical bookshelves are filled the wait means nothing. I'm aware that previous statement can sound strange and/or awkward depending on what type of reading voice you have (and if you don't have one then I don't know what to say).
     Until recently, The Invisible Man was on my to-buy list, but at the end of my American Lit class the instructor passed out copies of novels he bought from thrift shops. I was lucky enough to get a copy of this book, so it was crossed off my list. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but it's up next after the next book in my series as a filler novel until I can get the rest of it. Don't think that since I'm reading it as a "filler" that I don't think it'll be any good; it's the opposite. I've read reviews about it, and I think I'll like it a lot. I wanted to use that filler spot to re-read Pride and Prejudice, but every book deserves at least one read before I cycle through my list again. The other filler choices would have been The Cather in the Rye or Planet of the Apes, the former I've read once; the latter at least three times. So thankfully I received a new book and switched up the ranks!
     That sums it up for this entry. I hope I didn't bore you with my book-talk, but if I did you had fair warning if you read the title. Now I'm off; until next time!