Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Work and School

     As you can probably tell from the title, and maybe from the little heads up from my previous post, today is about my new job (Yay!) and the new semester. No weird little introduction to the post today; I'm just diving on in. I don't foresee this as being as long as usual, good or bad. I also don't have any snazzy pictures to embed today either, sorry! /insert sadface
     Do you remember a while back when I posted about getting interviews at my sister's places of work? I ended up getting the second job, the one I was a tad suspicious about. As it turns out it's much better than I thought it would be, and the managers are pretty organized. The scheduling manger has me working about twenty-eight to thirty-two(ish) hours a week, which has helped around the house more than I thought it would. My co-workers all thought I was Jen the first few days I was working, but now they pretty much know the differences between the two of us. I don't usually talk with them during breaks since I'm not much of a people-person, but they seem like friendly people for the most part.
     School started back for me yesterday, and things have changed. For one thing my biffle (BFFL) transferred to App. For another, Christen's schedule doesn't match mine at all so I have to free time to spend with anyone. The list of friends have dwindled down to none for this semester; hopefully next semester will be better. A lot of people would say, "Make new friends." I'd rather not. Sure I won't have people to talk to all the time like I used to, but it isn't a horrible thing; I can get more work done for classes, blog more often, catch up on reading books from my list, and probably more things whenever I think of them. Not to mention getting to know more people makes me feel anxious; it's like I have a phobia of talking to people. It's okay though; in the words of Doris Say, "que sera sera."
     Anyway that's all I have for now. I need to finish up a computer worksheet, read the chapter from the computer book, human services handbook, chapter reading for group processes and intro, blah blah blah. At least I think that's all I have to do? Well then, until next time!