Friday, November 1, 2013

Bats in the Belfry

     Hello! It has been a bit longer than I thought it would be. How was everyone's Halloween? Mine went well, nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't dress up or anything, but at school there were more than a handful of people who did. The student government held their annual "Halloween Extravaganza" where they had a costume contest and clubs set up little holiday related booths to try and raise some funds.
     Originally I didn't plan on participating or going to the event at all, but after my first class I happened to look towards the cafeteria building and  I saw a Storm Trooper standing around. I fought with myself as to whether or not to have my picture taken with him for a little while before Chris told me to go for it. I'm glad I did for two reasons. Reason one:  I had my picture taken with a Storm Trooper. Reason two:  One of my friends dressed up as a mermaid and agreed to take a picture with me as well. Afterwards there was a skit from the Alpha Omega club, which is a Student Christian club. I was surprised that they allowed the skit to be put on, but anyway I've seen it before and it still kinda tugged on my heartstrings again.
     Then Christen showed up and we all walked back to the Gee building together to eat some lunch. My lunch consisted of a microwave cheesy chicken, broccoli, and rice dinner provided by Cat. For some reason she played mommy and pitied my usual lunch of ramen. I chuckled and ate it with my can of Dr. Perky, happy for the change.
     After this my day went by pretty much as it usually does. After class we came home and I played Halo for a little while and Chris and I watched watched our first ever episode of New Girl. For the longest time I had no idea about it until that Time Warner Cable commercial with the Zooey actress. I sort of wanted to watch it after that, but I didn't. I finally gave in after seeing the commercial about a thousand times over and Vic, a mutual friend of Chris and me, highly recommended it to us (he also recommended a movie to us that was a nice feel-good movie). Jess, the lead character, is so socially awkward that I fell in love with her instantly. She's absolutely crazy, her roommates' personalities are a little awkward, but they all seem to balance each other out. Well, I think they do anyway. I do know that I love, love, love the show.
     So that's about it! I'm gonna go for now. See ya later!